Pages

Thursday 13 November 2014

_Mmm, That's Tasty!_WekaT4W3

Mmm, That’s Tasty! by Neville Gardner
School Journal June 2012


WALT: Begin to use a range of scientific symbols, conventions, and vocabulary.
SC:      Complete a small science report on the taste + smell experiment

Question: Do our taste buds require smell?


Hypothesis: I thought I was going to taste raspberry.When I unblock my nose I think I am going to taste pineapple.


Materials:
  • My hand/blindfold
  • My nose
  • Some jelly beans
  • your mouth


Procedure:
  • cover your eyes
  • block your nose
  • put jelly bean in your mouth
  • record what flavour you tasted
  • unblock your nose
  • record the next flavour you tasted


Observations:
I closed my eyes and blocked my nose, I put the jelly bean in my mouth and the first flavour I tasted  was pineapple flavour.Then when I unblocked my nose I tasted feijoa and got it right.
 

Conclusion: My hypothesis was wrong

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.